Do you want a rewarding career with opportunities for advancement?
There are over 86,000 jobs in the retail industry in Metro Southwest – 17% of total employment in the region.
Do you enjoy working with people?
Regional retailers continually seek applicants at all levels of their organizations with customer service skills and sales acumen. One barrier to obtaining a job in the retail industry is the lack of essential customer service skills.
Do you want the skills these employers are seeking?
Partnerships for a Skilled Workforce has joined with regional retail employers to provide the National Retail Federation’s Retail Industry Fundamentals training program. Working together, the Retail Pathways training program and local retail employers are striving to close the customer service and sales skills gap and fill retail job openings.
Benefits to graduates:
- Positioning as a “better qualified, more desirable” candidate for current retail jobs
- Direct connection to hiring managers
- Improved wages, benefits and career advancement opportunities
- Mentoring to be better prepared to take advantage of leadership and promotional opportunities
Doors to area jobs open quickly for graduates with demonstrated knowledge of retail industry fundamentals, customer service skills and sales expertise.
Jobs currently available from our retail partners include:
- Retail Sales Associate
- Merchandise Coordinator
- Delivery Driver
- Customer Service Representative
- Customer Accounts Advisor
- Sales Clerk
- Customer Service Associate
- Sales Manager
Is the Retail Pathways Retail Industry Fundamentals training for you?
It is if you:
- are able and willing to work a flexible schedule including weekends, day and evening hours
- have reliable transportation and child/family care
- have a desire to connect directly with jobs offered by the retail sponsors
- are responsible, conscientious, prompt, respectful, motivated, hardworking
- are willing to attend class and learn on the job
- value a certification that demonstrates your skills and knowledge
- enjoy working with people
- want a rewarding career with opportunities for advancement
The Retail Pathways program is funded by a Workforce Competitiveness Trust Fund FY’16 Appropriation grant through the Massachusetts Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development and is administered by the Commonwealth Corporation.
"When I interviewed with companies before I received my training, I didn't get any call backs", said Jamisha King, NRF Foundation pilot participant. "After I received my NRF Foundation training, I got lots of calls back and was hired at TJ Maxx."
"The NRF Foundation training program was very helpful to me," said Jibria Westbrook. "It made me feel like I am prepared to go the next level because I can put that I am certified on my resume. My goal is to be a shift manager at Target." Jibria was hired at Target upon completion of the NRF Foundation training program.